[lbo-talk] How to make the Senate a majority rule institution inone day

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 22 08:06:39 PST 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 8:15 AM, SA wrote:

> Why is this such a mystery? You're always saying the left in America
> is tiny and disorganized, and that the American public is deeply
> infected by Protestant morality and hyper-individualism. Then you're
> surprised the Democrats don't go around causing constitutional
> crises and institutional uprisings in pursuit of some social-
> democrat-type agenda?

Heavens no, not for that kind of agenda. What is often striking is their lack of partisan fervor - the urge to fuck up the other team and get your guys in office. I think the explanation is that they lack a real ideological passion, unlike the GOP, so they don't have the juice for the partisan fights.

Doug