[lbo-talk] Here, the article that prompted Chavez' comment wrt Haiti and the quake

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 11:57:19 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> Why on earth would the U.S. want to destroy Haiti? To provoke more boat
> people? To lower the minimum wage, now $3 a day?
>
> Chavez has enough to worry about without embracing nonsense like this.

The news stories that Chavez quoted and others that were echoed on the LatAm press claim that a "Russian report" says the US was "testing" its quake-inducing weapon, with the ultimate goal of applying it to Iran.

What I´d like to know is not why Chavez repeated it, but where that elusive "russian report" quoted by some news stories came from...

FC