[lbo-talk] Here, the article that prompted Chavez' comment wrt Haiti and the quake

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Jan 23 14:11:45 PST 2010

BTW, it's got nothing really to do with this -- I'm not a believer in the earthquake weapon, and not positive that Chavez himself said such a thing -- but it is something extremely cool and related: we actually have inadvertantly discovered how to create earthquakes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/business/energy-environment/24geotherm.html

I love this story from the engineer's POV -- it's like the ultimate sorcerer's apprentice nightmare come true.

Michael