[lbo-talk] Did Chavez say it? was "This just in ..."

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 23 15:53:11 PST 2010

Just following this up, and the Fox News report says: ", the Venezuelan strongman's state mouthpiece ViVe TV shot out a press release saying ..." so, unless I am missing something, it was not Chavez himself who made the claim, but a spokesman for ViVe TV. Not that I am a big fan of Chavez, but if it was an official of the BBC who said it, we would not normally attribute it to Prime Minister Gordon Brown.