[lbo-talk] How to make the Senate a majority rule institutioninone day

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 06:44:47 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

No one, in e ither party,_wants_ a real health bill. And no one on this
> list has produced an iota of evidence that either party does.

Can you produce some evidence that neither does? I think the public facts would suffice to convince to convince most reasonable people that a large number of Democratic legislators do, in fact, desire some meaningful level of reform. If you wish to make grandiloquent claims to the contrary, then the onus is on you to establish your case.

In recent days, a few of us have bantered over the degrees to which various reforms now under discussion would impede the interests of capital. Not only has no one, to the best of my recollection, argued that anything likely to emerge from the current process would do so in any meaningful way, but you yourself have staked out one of the strongest claims to the contrary!

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20100118/000875.html

As I'm now forced to guess why you think what you think, since you certainly haven't told us, you seem to be relying on a diametrically opposite assumption. Or am I mistaken, as I could easily be? Either way, what's your case?