[lbo-talk] Americans think StimPak was a waste

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:55:50 PST 2010

Doug wrote:

Did Obama really do all he could to promote the thing? You can't expect people to turn off Jersey Shore to visit Recovery.gov. I know I wouldn't.

The popular movies, radio programs, billboards, newspaper and magazine articles, on site events and so on -- the whole complex of New Deal related propaganda -- seems, from this remove, orders of magnitude more sure footed and sophisticated than the self-service, info kiosk model the Obama admin deployed.

"Please visit our website to learn more" is weak tea and part of this long moment's insistence on confusing the transference of process labor to everyone (see Ursula Huws' _The Making of Cybertariat_) with that vague monstrosity, 'empowerment'.

.d.