[lbo-talk] corporate campaign spending limits, he dead

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 25 19:16:54 PST 2010

On Jan 25, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> And there is no kind of fault in any kind
> of personal consumption unless it involves breaking a seriou organized
> boycott or picket line. I thought we had gotten rid of this sort of
> arrant pompous nonsense after the first couple years of this list. The
> left is about organized collective activity, not fussing about how
> individuals spend or dont't spend their time or their money.

I couldn't agree more. I always tell people when they ask about "ethical investment" that they should avoid the most odious shit and otherwise just hold their noses and do the right thing with the rest of their lives. The whole social investment thing is just a liberal salve to guilty consciences. Fuck it.

Doug