[lbo-talk] termitude

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 26 13:59:37 PST 2010

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> At 10:18 AM 1/26/2010, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> >True, he will be replaced by something more horrible (as Jimmy Carter
> >was), but that too shall pass
>
> But it's worse with every cycle. We're ever closer to Norquist's
> dream of shrinking government until you can drown it in a bathtub,
> excepting defense of course.
>
> I am by no means objective about what will happen in the near future
> because I have a daughter who is a decade plus one year old. She has
> dual EU/US citizenship and with each passing day I think more often
> of encouraging her to pack her bags and leave as soon as she's out of
> high school. I hadn't before but I am also now thinking of joining her.

Actually, it is or is getting as bad in Europe. We're all one big happy family. Dennis R is just silly, but if he _were_ correct, that a U.S. Empire (a) exists independently of the rest of the world an (b) were in shambles, the best we could hope for was that in a few scattered places humans would not die off from the the radiation left by a global nuclear war. But the U.S. is merely the most aggressive nation, and thus the most willing policeman of the empire of capital, not this or that empire. Remember that France was the worst villain in the Rwanda genocide. And as LBJ once said, "If you want to know w hat our policy abroad is, look at our policy at home." If you want to know what the core of French policy at home, lok at Rwanda; if you want to know the core/direction of Germany, look at the shambles in the Balkans and the treatment of immigrant workers (from Turkey and elsewhe).

Better to stay home and fight. You can't do worse than lose.

Carrol