[lbo-talk] Darwinian evolution only part of story?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:44:57 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

But otherwise, what's all the excitement about.

A transformation of the way we understand the evolutionary process, something naturally exciting to any number of people outside the scientific profession. I hope, for the sake of your students, that you have not made a similar habit of reducing the enthusiasm for literature to "interesting rhetorical ploys."

> The subject line is completely misleading.

If I am guilty of anything (and I probably am), it is understating the content of the New Scientist text. In retrospect, I should probably have written "a small part of the story."

Of course, if you had actually read the article we are discussing in this thread, to which I conspicuously linked in my first post, this might be more apparent to you.