[lbo-talk] Enough With the China Shtick Already!

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 08:56:29 PST 2010

Ok, this counts as anecdotal, but I have choked on enough smoggy Beijing air and seen enough devastation of the Chinese country side to have formed my own opinion.  That doesn't let US and the other Western nations off the hook, but I wonder why some people are so ready to defend a neo-liberal regime like China.    There's nothing progressive about China.

----- Original Message ---- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 8:05:34 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Enough With the China Shtick Already!

On Jan 30, 2010, at 10:17 AM, James Heartfield wrote:

> spiked-online keeps a watch on China-bashing which includes many examples of environmentally-inspired China-bashing, here:http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/issues/C136/

For a far more sympathetic view of China from a serious enviro, listen to my interview with Lucia Green-Weiskel:

http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html#091224