[lbo-talk] Sun´s former CEO Scott McNealy, capitalism fanboi

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Jan 30 15:05:00 PST 2010

Fernando Cassia writes:

> Parasite is IBM, which profits from the Linux kernel
> but hasn´t open sourced ANY of its crown jewels.

I don't get this. The whole point of Open Source is that everyone gets it, no questions asked. If you care what is going to get done with it, don't Open Source it. There's no requirement that users of Open Source have to Open Source their own stuff.

This is like: I gave my money to my kids in my will, but I don't want them to spend it on Nintendo games.

Get over it.

/jordan