[lbo-talk] Laura somebody sucks

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Jul 2 17:32:51 PDT 2010

It was a mere pointless rant against Obama with no real thoguht given to the actual substance of the war in Agghanistan.

Carrol

--------

I respectfully disagree with the second part. What is the substance of the war in Afghanistan? At best the substance is delusional propaganda that the US is doing something to fight `terrorism'. or changing hearts and minds or something, something, I forget what. Maybe global power? A demonstration exercise the mighty US imperial pig can reach all the way to the ends of the earth? Honestly, if you have a better reason, let's hear it.

Here is a great story about GOP chairman Steele:

``Video footage that emerged Friday shows Steele referring to the conflict as "a war of Obama's choosing" and implying that the effort is doomed to fail.

"If he's such a student of history," Steele said, referring to President Obama, "has he not understood that, you know, that's the one thing you don't do, is engage in a land war in Afghanistan?.''

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-rnc-steele-20100703,0,44924.story

CG