[lbo-talk] Laura somebody sucks

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jul 3 19:03:08 PDT 2010

It would seem getting the trivia of imperial history wrong is a graver sin than the actual violent acts of imperialism:

> Chuck Grimes wrote:
> >
> > Dear Carrol,
> >
> > Kiss my ass. I am fully aware of the history.
>
> You are still one of my favorite posters on lbo-talk, but Chuck that
> post was stupid, and you yourself ought to know it. It was a mere
> pointless rant against Obama with no real thoguht given to the actual
> substance of the war in Agghanistan.
>
> Carrol

Obviously we should try to get the facts right as much as possible--and correct each other. But whether such details are deal-breaking from an activist perspective, I'm not too sure. But perhaps taking the best action (in order to stop imperialism) isn't what's at stake. What's at stake is academic reputation.

-Peter

_________________________________________________________________ http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/ Do you have a story that started on Hotmail? Tell us now