[lbo-talk] Laura somebody sucks

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 06:10:54 PDT 2010

On 7/3/10, Peter Ward <nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> But perhaps taking the best action
> (in order to stop imperialism) isn't what's at stake. What's at stake is
> academic reputation.

Bzzzzzt. Oh, I'm so sorry, that's not right. But thanks for playing. We have some fine parting gifts, such as this handcrafted hairshirt. No professional activist should be without this lovely item.

It's funny that you think you are zinging people with this, because you are completely wrong. Carrol's a retired academic, and like the sizable majority of the most active contributors to the list, Chuck's not associated with the academy. I know using big words and, you know, thinking about the world and its complexities are frowned upon in activist circles, but not everyone who participates in such bourgeois activities is an academic.