[lbo-talk] earthquake

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 7 17:51:46 PDT 2010

Earthquakes are weird. I was standing up talking to someone who was sitting down when this hit. She asked if I felt the earthquake and I said when and she said now. I didn't feel a thing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/07/59-earthquake-hits-southern-california.html

5.4 earthquake hits Southern California; felt in Los Angeles [Updated]

July 7, 2010 | 5:00 pm

A 5.9 earthquake rocked Southern California this afternoon and was felt across a wide area.

According to U.S. Geological Survey, the quake hit at 4:53 p.m. near Borrego Springs, about 28 miles south of Palm Springs. It was followed by several small aftershocks.

There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, but some residents said the quake caused glass to break.

Its the latest in a string of powerful of quakes to hit Southern California in the last few months, ever since a 7.2 quake hit the Mexicali area on Easter Sunday.

[...]