[lbo-talk] Corporate Taxes, was why Prince is right

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 9 15:54:21 PDT 2010

Eye problems. When I quoted shag's text, I couldn't find the passage I wanted to keep. I (Reasons too complicated to describe.) But she makes the claim that corporations pass taxes on to their customeres. That point, totally separate from her whole argument, is what I want to focus on.

I don't think that's true. Taxes are a deduction from profit. They may _try_ to pass the cost on, but a corporation is already charging as high as it can and still sell enough,. That doesn't leave room for pasing on the extra cost of a tax.

Doug may be able to comment more technically on this.

Carrol