[lbo-talk] Corporate Taxes, was why Prince is right

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Jul 10 13:56:09 PDT 2010

At 04:06 PM 7/10/2010, Shane Mage wrote:

>On Jul 10, 2010, at 3:42 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

>>>Since that's the theme of corporate propaganda, isn't it worth
>>>refuting?
>>
>>....idiotic, useless shit that not one person in the damned debate
>>can ever connect to the immediate problems people face right now and
>>how whether or not getting the debate right or wrong matters to the
>>problems people face right now...
>

>The immediate problems people face right now are always *personal*
>problems. The incidence of taxation (a central question of economics
>for some three centuries now) is a *political* problem. And
>political problems take years, decades, centuries to resolve. Never
>"right now." The two sets of problems, of course, are related. The
>relation is this: until the political problem of transcending
>capitalism is resolved in a communist way the problems "people face
>right now" whether resolved or not in the immediate, will (or so most
>of us maintain) continue to recur and in ever worse forms until the
>political problem is resolved. Winning the intellectual debate
>against corporate capitalist ideologists is (or so most of us
>maintain) an important part of that political process.

so, there is no practical goal? the whole point of whether or not corporations slough of the costs of corporate taxes and make customers/employees pay for it doesn't matter for any practical reason?

you're not saying that it would be important to get people to understand this basic point about how firms work, so that we can push for tax policies that tax corporations. you just want to win an intellectual debate. and that scoring points in debate is a political process that will help achieve the communist resolution to the problem of capitalism.

and not only that, most lefties agree with you?