[lbo-talk] Don't go away for the weekend and leave your window open

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 20:36:25 PDT 2010

Okay, here's the resolution. I bought the highest power spray that I could find, one with a nozzle. I opened the bottom window sprayed upward a bit, then lost my nerve and quickly closed the window. The wasps sprung to activity, perhaps they were stunned a little though, but I was feeling a bit emasculated because when I "lost my nerve and quickly closed the window" I let out a squeal of sorts. A high pitched yelp. And I had company. So, I opened the top part of the window a little and just sprayed point blank at the nest from like 3 inches away for a long time. Somehow I didn't get stung (I wasn't even wearing gloves) and there hasn't been in activity there for a few hours. It was basically a combination of the Madman Theory and Shock and Awe. Tomorrow night I'll see about round 2 and removal.