[lbo-talk] Don't go away for the weekend and leave your window open

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 16:47:26 PDT 2010

Bhaskar wrote:

I opened the bottom window sprayed upward a bit, then lost my nerve and quickly closed the window. The wasps sprung to activity, perhaps they were stunned a little though, but I was feeling a bit emasculated because when I "lost my nerve and quickly closed the window" I let out a squeal of sorts. A high pitched yelp. And I had company.

I wouldn't feel too bad about the yelp.

I'm pretty sure the prospect of being set upon by hornets would've inspired even Genghis Khan to let out a squeal or two. After all, when one stings, a pheromone is released alerting others to join the fray. It's always a packed party when Vespa Crabro's in the club.

Sounds like you settled on a good strategy. What product did you use?

.d.