[lbo-talk] U.S. populism

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:07:45 PDT 2010

I've been slowly reading Kevin Baker's essay on Harper's, "The Vanishing Liberal" (April 2010). I am very curious about the history of the U.S. populist movement. It seems like they conducted a very impressive campaign ca. 1890. Baker lists a few facts about the movement that arose my curiosity. Any pointers to follow up on this theme at the lowest time cost? I already read the relevant Wikipedia entries, but there's little about methods and tactics (e.g. farmer-lectures). Thanks in advance.