[lbo-talk] Why Marx is Right and Engels is Wrong

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:31:19 PDT 2010

Speaking as a member of Bhaskar's (and I guess Angelus'?) generation, "homeboy" didn't sound rude, (except via the context that Angelus was being rude already), and while there are racial overtones to the word, they get less overt every year. I wasn't aware that "toolshed" had any racial connotations whatsoever, other than that most people so described tend to be white. But it was rude and kind of from nowhere.

Lack of decorum aside, I have enjoyed the substance of the debate. I think I speak for everyone when I say that the petty sniping adds nothing to it, if you're not willing to take it to Chris Doss/James Heartfield levels.