[lbo-talk] why are white southerners so violent?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:52:18 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:41 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

Is anyone aware of another study nearly identical to this one?

The study you mention was described by Malcolm Gladwell in Outliers, but we white Southerners come off a little better than in the scenario you describe. The provocation was not only being bumped, but also being called an asshole; and although our lot demonstrated a higher level of physical agitation after the fact, I don't believe anyone ever came to blows.