[lbo-talk] on the transformation problem

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jul 20 09:12:53 PDT 2010

Matthias Wasser wrote:

> I'm worse than a newbie at this, but with all the recent talk of Marxology
> and value theory, it seems like an apt time to ask.

I'm not going to develop the arguments on this , but the perspective advanced here denies that there is a transformation problem because Marx's value theory, unlike Ricardo's value theory, isNOT INTENDED TO EXPLAIN PRICES!

You might want to google Fredy Perlman (Fredy is correct spelling) and find his essays on Rubin. That's where I first encountered the core of this perspective nearly 40 years ago.

"Karl Marx" is not the German way to spell "David Ricardo."

Carrol