[lbo-talk] on the transformation problem

Joshua Morey amvojo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 09:54:40 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> I'm not going to develop the arguments on this , but the perspective
> advanced here denies that there is a transformation problem because
> Marx's value theory, unlike Ricardo's value theory, isNOT INTENDED TO
> EXPLAIN PRICES!

_________

It's a fair question. People who take Marx seriously are by no means in complete agreement on this. TSSI?

Furthermore, it helps someone like me, not an academic, economist, sociologist, to see people work this out, even if the solutions (or the absence of alleged contradiction in the first place) are obvious to some. ________________________

_________

Will do - thanks for the tip. _______________________

> Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> "Karl Marx" is not the German way to spell "David Ricardo."

_________

Thank goodness!