[lbo-talk] Palestine Think Tank: Jeff Blankfort - Chomsky and Palestine: Asset or Liability?

JAMES Heartfield heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 07:32:29 PDT 2010

>* Apparently, Doug, James, Chomsky, et al, want Palestinians to fight an *
>* abstraction called American imperialism rather than resist the *
>* tangible things that control their everyday existences *
** Apparent to you, maybe, but cryptic to me. We were talking about the tactics to be adopted in the west, not in occupied Palestine.

On Joseph's point, Tesco has been floated now, but it was founded by Jack Cohen, and in British eyes will always be a Jewish shop (legend has it that it is named for his daughter Tessa Cohen, but I could not swear to that).

Funnily enough, when my grandfather worked at Marks and Spencers, before the 2WW, he was favoured with a job at the counter, because he was fair and blue-eyed, while swarthier Britons would be posted in the stores, out of sight.

Still, I say it is creepy singling out shops for their 'Israeli' connections. Promoting anti-Jewish feeling in Britain is not something that will help the Palestinians.