[lbo-talk] Palestine Think Tank: Jeff Blankfort - Chomsky and Palestine: Asset or Liability?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:00:20 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:32 AM, JAMES Heartfield < heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

On Joseph's point, Tesco has been floated now, but it was founded by Jack
> Cohen, and in British eyes will always be a Jewish shop (legend has it that
> it is named for his daughter Tessa Cohen, but I could not swear to that).

Well, it's also the single largest British retailer and the third-largest in the world, after only Wal-Mart and Carrefour, with the second-highest profits. I'd guess that its targeting has something to do with its ubiquitous presence.