[lbo-talk] Palestine Think Tank: Jeff Blankfort - Chomsky and Palestine: Asset or Liability?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 22 09:17:59 PDT 2010

On Jul 22, 2010, at 11:52 AM, SA wrote:

> I don't know all the particulars about M&S, but virtually every mass retailer sells products made in Israel, including the settlements.

By the way, U.S. trade with Israel is pretty insignificant - imports are on the order of $18-20 billion a year. Over a quarter of the imports are diamonds. About 20% are pharmaceuticals (Israelis are major makers of generic drugs), and another 15% are electronics & telecoms. Then the numbers get very insignificant. Cosmetics are under 1% of the total, just over $100 million. Apparel is about the same. Food barely registers.

Doug