[lbo-talk] DC fires teachers

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Fri Jul 23 16:56:28 PDT 2010

Rhee is still coasting on her rep as somebody who is shaking things up, which here means being willing to fire people. The Mayor backs her and so does the putrid WashPost. I don't follow DC ed so I don't know anything about what she is actually doing. The Mayor strikes me as a mini-Obama.

Same vapid, centrist bullshit.

My wife was in the DC teachers union up to 2003. It was an AFT local whose president and a couple of cronies were discovered to be robbing the organization blind. They got busted, the local was basically wrecked, taken over by the International.