[lbo-talk] blog post: from Boulder North and West to Portland, part 1

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 19:55:31 PDT 2010

On 2010-07-25, at 7:19 PM, MICHAEL YATES wrote:

> Full at http://blog.cheapmotelsandahotplate.org/2010/07/25/from-boulder-north-and-west-to-portland-part-1/
>
> "We’re in our sixth month on the road. After a stay back in Boulder, Colorado to take care of personal matters, we traveled through Wyoming, Montana, and Washington, on our way to Portland, Oregon, where we lived for fifteen months in 2003 and 2004...
>
> michael yates

Hadn't read your blog before, Mike. I will now. It's a delight, and I've spent the better part of this evening reading previous entries. Too bad my wife and I didn't have it as a guide before our recent two month road trip through the States which took us to and through some of the places in New Mexico, California, Utah, Colorado etc. you describe. We loved visiting friends and family at various points along the way as well as the spectacular scenery and the hiking in Zion, Arches, and other national and state parks, but your detailed knowledge of Western labour history would had added an extra dimension to our trip. Better late than never, though; your blog has helped provide that context retrospectively, and many thanks for that.