[lbo-talk] Multipolar Geopolitics and the Middle East

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 10:41:04 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

> I think that much depends on how successful
> the elected government is bringing the country's
> military establishment to heel.

Maybe. But it woud seem to make more sense to look at the two (political and military) as working simultaneously on different issues but both for Turkey's interests. I don't think it need to be that one controls the other; neither would get what they want then. For instance, the government needs the military to take care of the PKK; the military needs Israel for that, and so the government does too.