[lbo-talk] Ingo Elbe: Between Marx, Marxism, and Marxisms

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 12:00:06 PDT 2010

Angelus NovusCharles:

> Better we say "Workers of the World , keep Engels and Marx united in
> your understanding of Marxism. "

I'm not interested in constructing religions.

^^^^ CB: You have a bizarre definition of religions if you are implying that what I said proposes constructing a religion. Saying that Marx agreed with Engels is in no way advocating religion. What on Earth are u talking about. Engels and Marx, Marx and Engels, certainly were an excellent critic of deism, a materialist and atheist.

^^^^^

We can be thankful that Engels bankrolled Marx's endeavors; that's certainly a good thing. But to get to the core of Marx's critique of political economy, we have to strip away the distortions introduced by Second International 'Marxism'.

^^^^^ CB: We can be thankful that Engels was a capitalist with direct experience with capitalism that importantly informed Marx's core critique of captialism. we want to keep Engels as giving us tremendous insight into the core of Marx's critique of political economy, pace Ingo Elbe

^^^^^^^

If you feel more comfortable with sources from English-speaking authors, here is Chris Arthur:

http://www.marxmyths.org/chris-arthur/article2.htm

^^^^ CB: Why don't u just write right here, right now a succinct summary of _your_ opinion as to the "distortions introduced by the Second International" ? Then I'll respond to that. I don't really want to spend a lot of time on Arthur because he's not going to respond to what I say. It's like a one way conversation or lecture with no question and answer period.

Engels/Marx splitters are a dime a dozen in English . For example, Raya Dunayevskaya.