[lbo-talk] the new official IDF line

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jun 5 13:55:57 PDT 2010

Michael's point is probably valid. But there _have_ been cases of states deliberately appearing lunatic: Nixon wanted the SU to think the U.S. might be lunatic: it made the nuclear threat more realistic.

And there are some lines from Macbeth relevant to this -- about having already waded so deep in blood!

I misplaced the pamphlet long ago, but it contained a long list of various 'respectable' Zionists declaring that the massacre of the inhabitants of a village (name forgottedn) in 1947 had been absolutely essential to the establishment of Israel, for otherwise an inadequatre number of Palestinians would have fled, thus throwing dobut on the "country with out inhabitants" that was part of Zionist propaganda.

Carrol