[lbo-talk] Corrie v Turkish Ships

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Jun 7 03:26:19 PDT 2010

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 23:09:19 -0400 Bhaskar Sunkara <bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com> writes:
> "One might claim this is do to the decision of the crew to surrender
> without struggle."
>
> This... and it happened after Monday's massacre. And I have no
> idea
> where you're going with your other point. Appeasing the Turks has
> always been of vital importance for the Israelis.

I think that's past tense now. I don't think that Turkey is regarded by Israel as an ally anymore.

I suppose that one consequence of this is that Israel may now suspend its policy of denying or downplaying the Armenian Genocide, which it had been doing for years out of regards for Turkish sensibilities. This Israeli policy was also followed in the US by the Israel lobby, including AIPAC and the ADL, which strenuously opposed efforts by Congress to give official recognition to the Armenian genocide. This in fact led to a widely reported fracas in Watertown, MA, between the ADL and the city's large Armenian-American population.

Jim Farmelant http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant ____________________________________________________________ Penny Stock Jumping 2000% Sign up to the #1 voted penny stock newsletter for free today! http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c0cc986481666a62am03vuc