[lbo-talk] Corrie v Turkish Ships

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jun 7 04:27:11 PDT 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Jim Farmelant wrote:

> I think that's past tense now. I don't think that Turkey is regarded by
> Israel as an ally anymore.

That seems premature. Arms sales deliveries are still being made on schedule between the two countries. It's fundamentally a military alliance, and its real foundation is a permanent shared opposition of interests to Syria. That hasn't changed.

FWIW, Sabri Oncu is convinced Turkey is all bluster and won't send a military escort with the next flotilla.

Michael