[lbo-talk] when in doubt, revert to "balance"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 8 16:55:54 PDT 2010

That someone "bungled," or that he/they/the Administration isn't "aware" or even that the Administration is "cowardly" or "afraid to push the point" etc etc is the standard liberal excuse for the policies of DP presidents. They can get quite severe in their condemnations AS LONG AS THEY DON'T HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THE DP is a principled supporteer of anti-human policies.

Sayint ghe Israeilis bungled is just an extension of this common practice.

NPR interviewed former workers for Obama -- and while I wasn't listening very carefully, I gather that they in general ascribed his s"failings" to personal failings or a misguided desire for bipartisanship. None apparenttly wanted to admit that he is a damn efficient reactionary.

Carrol