[lbo-talk] U.S. in Israel's corner; IS is US

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 9 09:30:32 PDT 2010

At 07:39 PM 6/8/2010, Carrol Cox wrote:

> > So the assumption is anything psychological is always guesswork and
> > political analysis can be some kind of hard science?
>
>When the analyst is not a trained psychologist and in direct relation
>with a particular individual, yes! Pure guess work, and sloppy guesds
>work at that.

Don't you consider the analysand an active participant in the process? That's the whole point. I think there should be some kind of certificate awarded to the analysand who successfully reaches the "end of analysis"

And outside of analysis itself, don't you think learning about psychoanalysis helps further understanding of this world we're living in? I'm not a trained physicist, but I gain insight from reading Stephen Hawking. (btw, I think the distinction between psychology and psychoanalysis should be carefully maintained. It's psychoanalysis that is the more fruitful for shedding light on the specifically human).