[lbo-talk] dance music

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 06:07:05 PDT 2010

so, this is probably the wrong place to ask but what the hell.... Matt correctly identified my music collection as stuck in the 90s. I love soul/funk and what I consider fun dance music. The kind of music that makes me want to dance around the house - and the kind to which I like to ride to work or workout.

Suggestions for something more up-to-date.

Thanks!

shag

^^^^^^^^^

"Cupid Shuffle"

Single by Cupid from the album Time for a Change Released February 13, 2007 Format Digital download Recorded 2006 Genre Dance/Hip Hop Length 3:50 Label Atlantic Records

Cupid singles chronology "Say Yes" (2007) "Cupid Shuffle" (2007) "Happy Dance" (2008)

"Cupid Shuffle" is a song by Cupid from his 2007 studio album Time for a Change. It has spawned a popular chicken dance and has drawn a lot of comparison to DJ Casper's "Cha Cha Slide."

In the United States, the song peaked at #66 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #21 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, both in the August 18, 2007 issue.

The song was first featured on Acclaim's DANCE! Online. A rap remix version featuring Unk and Fabo was released to rhythm radio in August[1], and a Hurley remix was released to underground club in October[2], with a Solitair remix released to rhythm club[3], as well.

In Week 5 of the 2008 NFL season, three Miami Dolphins, including running back Ronnie Brown, used the "Cupid Shuffle" dance as a celebratory dance after scoring a touchdown against the San Diego Chargers. The three were later fined as the celebration was deemed premeditated.[4]

Contents [hide] 1 Charts 2 Remixes 3 References 4 External links

[edit] Charts Chart Peak positions U.S. Billboard Hot 100[5] 66 U.S. Billboard Pop 100[6] 89 U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs[7] 21

[edit] Remixes Two official remixes, the main remix, the Rap Remix, features rappers DJ Unk and Fabo of D4L. The 2nd remix, the Latin Remix, features rappers Pitbull and Baby Bash. In August 2009, two EPs of club mixes for the song were released on iTunes.

[edit] References ^ http://www.promoonly.com/view_issue.php?IssueID=2754 ^ http://www.promoonly.com/view_issue.php?IssueID=2908 ^ http://www.promoonly.com/view_issue.php?IssueID=2877 ^ Graham, Tim. ESPN Online. "No love here: Three Dolphins each fined $10K for end zone celebration." 2008 October 10. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3635993 ^ Top Music Charts - Hot 100 - Billboard 200 - Music Genre Sales ^ Top Music Charts - Hot 100 - Billboard 200 - Music Genre Sales ^ Top Music Charts - Hot 100 - Billboard 200 - Music Genre Sales [edit] External links Cupid's official website Cupid's MySpace page Cupid Shuffle is a selected dance at the CWDC 2010 European Line Dance Championships

This 2000s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. v • d • e

This dance-related article is a stub. You can help