[lbo-talk] Mark Ames: The Tea Party as a front group for oil flacks

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 07:43:33 PDT 2010

Chip Berlet

-clip-

I just spent two days doing trainings at the Z Media Institute where the application of the Propaganda Model to the Tea Parties was discussed at length, so unless Noam contradicted our discussion in his workshop yesterday (and I would have heard about it!), then I think many people leaning toward the Tea Parties can be shifted toward progressive positions through face-to-face organizing. This has been tested and documented by the folks at Working America and found to be do-able. http://www.workingamerica.org/blog/2010/06/03/working-class-at-the-tipping-point/

Mr. C has agreed to look at some research papers I have written on the subject and give me some feedback, so I can give you a more definitive answer in a few weeks. Meanwhile his speech at Left Forum serves as his most recent full statement on the current situation.

-cb

^^^^^^^^^ CB: You go cb and Chomskster ! Proving your theory in practice.