[lbo-talk] today

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 10:46:13 PDT 2010

Here's the part that sent Pound swooning (sorry for the codes, but since I can't italicize...):

Ineluctable modality of the visible: at least that if no more, thought through my eyes. Signature of all things I am here to read, seaspawn and seawrack, the nearing tide, that rusty boot. Snotgreen, bluesilver, rust: coloured signs. Limits of the diaphane. But he adds: in bodies. Then he was aware of them bodies before them of the coloured. How? By knocking his sconce against them, sure. Go easy. Bald he was and a millionaire, <em>maestro di color che sanno</em>. Limits of the diaphane in. Why in? Diaphane, adiaphane. If you can put your five fingers through it, it is a gate, if not a door. Shut your eyes and see.