[lbo-talk] Dealing with PSL/ANSWER

Nati Carrera natipolitical at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 05:16:27 PDT 2010

>I approved it and cleared you moderate flag. It appeared on the list.
>Doug

Sorry, must have missed that in transferring some emails

>Why do you need to "deal with them"? They have pretty much fragmented.
>Can't you just ignore them?
>Carrol

I would like to ignore them, but it is kind of hard when they show up to demonstrations and exert pressure or try to be manipulative in keeping me out of certain political work/coalitions. They have done similar things to other people who were afraid about speaking up or felt isolated in bringing up their concerns. The more I found out about other people who were in similar situations the more it has made me angry that this PSL/ASNWER group thinks they can get away with it and no one is ever going to call them on it. This "Marcial"/Pedro character who sent me the harassing and threatening messages and sort of acts as an "enforcer" is also still with them. They obviously protect him and condone his behavior. There is a lot of "tough guy" machismo in this group and there was clear animosity when I saw some of them at demos.This animosity was based simply on my quitting over their undemocratic behavior. There is no real recourse left, except to expose some of their hypocrisy and double standards. These people traffic in silence and a weird group-think consensus. They are obviously arrogant enough to think they can threaten and harass people and that we just have to be silent and accept it. But, I left their group because I don't think people should be afraid to speak their mind and express themselves. Watching the free flow of ideas on this list and some others almost makes me sad that I had to put up with the enforced strictures and behavioral conditioning of this group for so long. No one should ever be afraid to discuss things and if nothing else, it is cathartic to let some of this out. Maybe it can also serve as fair warning and provide a direct example for people in the future.