[lbo-talk] Dealing with PSL/ANSWER

Bob Morris bob.morris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 09:55:03 PDT 2010

As one who was purged from PSL two years ago (I was walking away from them anyway), well, with distance it becomes apparent they're just that important.

When I was thinking of joining WW (this was before the split that led to PSL) I asked Peter Camejo, who I knew from Green Party stuff, about them.

He said he'd talked with WW and that they were upfront with him about starting ANSWER as a way to recruit for the party. He was trying to warn me off. It took me three years to understand what he meant.

The problem is, you can't have it both ways. Either you build a genuine mass organization, which means moderates and those not affiliated with your group have a real say or you use the front group primarily as a recruiting tool, which means the stated purpose for the group is secondary, and you will never become a mass organization because you deliberately exclude all but the true believers.