[lbo-talk] Dealing with PSL/ANSWER

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jun 20 13:27:39 PDT 2010

On Jun 20, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Bob Morris wrote:

> One thing I genuinely do not understand is the almost uniform
> failure by the
> left to organize on the financial crisis the way they did on the
> Iraq War.
> We have a humongous crisis of capitalism and the response from the
> left has
> mostly been crickets. I don't get it.

It's undignified to say "I told you so," but I'll check my dignity at the door and say that, and also point out that crises are *not* fertile ground for radical agitation unless everything has completely fallen apart, maybe. I do wonder, though, what all those leftists who have been predicting crisis every day for the past four decades make of this.

Doug