[lbo-talk] workers take pay in virtual coin

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:01:43 PDT 2010

shag carpet

Isn't it the same thing as me once babysitting in exchange for someone's foodstamps? the money was extra money to me. she, always 'creative' about her finances, had foodstamps to spare since she'd gotten 'paid' in foodstamps for some babysitting she'd done for someone.

i mean, it's just the same as getting paid cash money. these folks were going to spend it on gaming anyway.

i'm not saying it's right, good, true, or beautiful. but i don't see a whole lot of difference between that and, say, as a freelancer, creating someone's website in exchange for an advertisement placed on that web site. Dude could have paid me cash money and i could have turned around and paid him cash money for the ad placement. *shrug* Freelancers do this all the time. They provide services in exchange for the publicity they get from an appearance for instance.