[lbo-talk] LA talk

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Mon Jun 21 15:29:48 PDT 2010

Joanna: "I t has become impossible for people to imagine how to get outside of the totality because to imagine the demise of this system is the equivalent of imagining total destruction period."

This is just a sidebar. I have another name for this totality, the mythological envelop. So it has the component of a worldview, a linguistic-cultural system of symbols, symbolic forms that automatically carry meaning and govern the range of reactions and reponses. It also carries a time and space component of both an `empirical' and symbolic form.

In the original post, I was getting pissed off while I was remembered the LA mind-set of its establishment, politics, media, culture industry etc.

So, I was thinking about these in relation to the wars. Anyway, on another post I have a link to Josh Rushing and Control Room, a documentary about the media propaganda war in the early few month of Iraq.

CG