[lbo-talk] LA talk

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jun 21 13:24:02 PDT 2010

Wojtek S wrote:

> Joanna: "I t has become impossible for people to imagine how to get outside
> of the totality because to imagine the demise of this system is the
> equivalent of imagining total destruction period."
>
> [WS:] I think it has become impossible for people to to get out of the
> totality because there is no alternative in sight.

You both look for too much. There is no need to "get outside the totality." That is not a prerequisite for thinking that the U.S. should stop killing Afghani! Nor is it necessary as a prerequisite to support a living-wage altternative.

This worry about the "totality" and an "alternative" is the worry of an academic not involved inorganizing any particular struggle.

Carrol