[lbo-talk] Cato vs. McChrystal

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Jun 22 13:56:00 PDT 2010

> [every now & then, Cato is a very pleasant surprise]

On this topic, they sure beat the von Mises institute! :-)

Speaking of someone I love to hate, but who sometimes said the right thing, this is a great time to quote the immortal words of Harry S Truman when he fired MacArthur:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,908217,00.html

"I fired him because he wouldn't respect the authority of the

President. I didn't fire him because he was a dumb son of a bitch,

although he was, but that's not against the law for generals. If it

was, half to three-quarters of them would be in jail."

Michael