[lbo-talk] Mail & Guardian: World must deny legitimacy to Israel

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 12:00:25 PDT 2010

"It is time to delegitimise this entity. We did that to the apartheid government in South Africa, and the same must happen to Israel. We spent years trying to isolate South Africa, and the campaign grew to embrace a worldwide call for state-ordained boycotts, including military, economic, sporting, academic and cultural sanctions. These campaigns stirred the conscience of the world ...

"The Goldstone report lends weight to calls from around the world to disrupt normal relations with Israel: by boycotting cultural and academic activities, by disrupting trade relations through disinvestment, or by refusing to load and unload ships and planes carrying cargo to or from Israel, and by pressing governments to impose economic sanctions ..."

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2010-06-25-world-must-deny-legitimacy-to-israel