[lbo-talk] Lerner bleats

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 4 11:25:53 PST 2010

Wojtek S wrote:

> [WS:] I know that I am repeating myself like a broken record, but why be
> angry at Obama for what is a systemic problem of the US political system? I
> am not angry at Obama at all, in fact I like him because he is more
> articulate and thoughtful than right wing trolls - and that is about all
> what a reasonable person can expect from the POTUS.

Milton observed that tyrnts must be though that was no excuse for tyrans. I'm not particularly angry at Obama, but let's face facts, he is a war criminal and moving towards mass murder. He is also doing his best, and his articulateness contributes to this project, to destroy what is left of the famous "safety-net." All that is wrong with the American _political system_ is that it performs well the task it was constructed to perform: to facilitate the work of servants of capital and to hamper popular resistance.

Carrol