[lbo-talk] Philip Mirowski - Social Physicist

Ted Winslow egwinslow at rogers.com
Fri Mar 5 08:54:21 PST 2010

c b wrote:

> Why is it that you say that cultural structures are unknowable ?

I didn't say that. I said that, if "structures" govern perception in a way that makes reality unknowable, then the reality that is cultural structures is unknowable.

Consequently, to make claims that implicitly assume that "structures" govern perception in this way and then claim that cultural structures are knowable is a performative contradiction.

The other point, that the claims imply there's no way of judging psychotic perception delusional, was a reductio ad absurdum.

Ted