[lbo-talk] Philip Mirowski - Social Physicist

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 5 10:52:47 PST 2010

Ted Winslow wrote:

> The other point, that the claims imply there's no way of judging
> psychotic perception delusional, was a reductio ad absurdum.

Acquaintances of mine who suffer auditory hallucinations are all weell aware that they are hallucinations. One woman was also extremely hard of hearing and she and I discussed the complexities this introduced into her experience. She suffered from schizoid affective disorder rather than schizophrenia. Another instance of the DSm (earlier edition) preventing rather than leading to the use of drugs.

Carrol